Wilson County Community Help Center
What We Do:
- Six days a week we provide emergency assistance in the form of food, clothing, resource education and financial aid to Wilson County residents.
- The Help Center distributed over 30,000 pounds of food to feed the hungry in our county last year alone.
- Our clothing program has provided more than 1,000 coats each year to warm the needy.
- Free medical equipment is available.
- We collect, sort, recycle and sell clothing and household items of any type donated by the community.
- The Help Center staff educates people on ways to utilize assistance programs that are available in Wilson County.
- The Wilson County Community Help Center will come in contact with more residents each week than any other agency in this county.
- Rising local need has placed huge strains on the Help Center assistance funds.
- Decreased funding has resulted in laid off staff at the Help Center.
- Some help programs have been diminished and some may have to be eliminated.
How You Can Help:
- Make monetary donations, large or small, one time or every month.
- Donate your gently used items to be given away or sold to help finance the assistance programs.
- Donate your time at the Wilson County Help Center
- Involve your friends, family and church and help us educate the community as to the tremendous amount of good work and good will the Help Center provides our citizens.